- You should be done with the annotated bibliography in APA format.
- Share it in an email or google doc. When done search for digital story telling tools and create a creative story that addresses your topic in a not-so-typical way.
- This will be due by next Friday.
Assignments will be inputted. You will have a zero in the grade book until you submit a complete and proper APA annotated bibliography.
Welcome to day two of your research.
- Check this site out for info about what an APA paper looks like. APA stands for the American Psychological Association. It is different from MLA.
- Use this site to format your citation correctly. BE sure to click on APA when you cite your website!
- PASTE in your URL to the box
- THEN you will be prompted to click FIND WEBSITE.
- THEN click CONTINUE TO FINAL STEP.
- THEN input author or news agency or no author.
- THEN add annotation – a three sentence summary about the article.
- THEN click ADD to my BIBLIOGRAPHY.
- THEN either copy and paste into a GOOGLE DOC or download into WORD and copy and paste from WORD
- This is the fastest way to create an annotated bibliography.
- If you want to see a sample ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY click HERE.
WORK together to put together your annotated bibliography of 20 sources. When you are done – share it as a GOOGLE DOCUMENT.
Welcome to your first major project this year.
Each English class will be embarking on a project based learning unit for the next month and a half.
You must decide several things before even beginning.
- With whom will you work?
- How many people will be optimal in creating this project?
- How will I contribute to this project effectively?
Then you will decide on the topic.
Period 2 and 4: You have two to choose from -
- America is the source of good news and bad news. Create a digital story/magazine that recounts the history of how News is “created” by the media in order to control the citizens of the United States.
- Freedom is a sacred word in America – What does it really mean? Why are people willing to fight and die for this concept/idea?
Period 3 and 5: You have two to choose from -
- Healthcare is serious topic in our modern world. Some countries offer free universal healthcare. Some offer pay programs. Some don’t offer anything. Is healthcare a basic right in America?
- The current healthcare program in America is colloquially called OBAMACARE – Is it effective? What are the issues surrounding its existence? You must first consider what OBAMACARE dictates.
The project will be graded in four parts:
- The research (250 points)
- The digital story telling (250 points)
- The research paper (250 points) 10/15 Due
- The debate/paper presentation (250 points) 10/20-10/24 prep DEBATE due 10/27-10/31\
- DEBATE FINALS on Election day.
You cannot fail if you miss out on one section. But you can fail if you don’t do two sections.
Each section must be finished and completed before you can move on to the next. You will have approximately one week on each section in which to work.
Welcome to this week.
Monday: PROMPT – What does it mean to be an AMERICAN?
- Standards for the week
RL.11-12.1 Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text, including determining where the text leaves matters uncertain.RI.11-12.2 Determine two or more central ideas of a text and analyze their development over the course of the text, including how they interact and build on one another to provide a complex analysis; provide an objective summary of the text.
SL.11-12.2 Integrate multiple sources of information presented in diverse formats and media (e.g., visually, quantitatively, orally) in order to make informed decisions and solve problems, evaluating the credibility and accuracy of each source and noting any discrepancies among the data.
Friday: News article due – please do it in the format I gave.